Dear Thai Foodie,
Thank you for visiting our blog!
While Bangkok Garden was the first restaurant to bring Thai food and culture to Toronto over 30 years ago, blogging is a first for us.
We can’t wait to share with you some of our favourite Thai recipes, behind-the-scenes clips from our amazing kitchen staff, and of course we’ll keep you in the loop for our upcoming events and special offers.
As I’m sure you’ve noticed, we got a little online facelift, with a fresh look to better serve our guests. While we have your attention, we’d love to re-introduce ourselves with some fun facts.
- Bangkok Garden is located in a landmark historic building designed by Gordon & Helliwell Architects, the same architects who designed Old City Hall, St. Paul’s Anglican Church and Casa Loma
- We had an elephant at our opening in 1982
- Next door, we share the space with our chilled out big sister, Elmwood Spa, one of North America’s top urban day spas.
- Our décor is all imported from Thailand, from the teak used in our flooring, to our temple bells, to our hand-painted blue and white porcelain tableware, and several other Thai artifacts.
- We were awarded the ‘Thai Select Premium’ designation by Thailand’s Ministry of Commerce, recognizing Thai restaurants with a rating of 5 stars or higher that serve premium quality, authentic Thai food, provide outstanding service and a Thai ambiance.
- Our building was blessed by Thai monks when we first opened, and also when we renovated our bar lounge in 2013
This blog will be your one-stop shop for all things Bangkok Garden.
Hungry? As per usual, we’re open for Lunch (à la carte and Buffet Monday to Friday), and Dinner Monday to Sunday