From Our Kitchen: Toasted Cashew Chicken Recipe
Monday, April 27, 2020
A wonderful blend of subtle tastes and textures combine with toasted cashews and Thai spices.
Serves 2-3 people.
15 minute preparation | 12 minutes to cook
2 tbsp coconut oil OR vegetable oil
½ tsp Fresh Garlic, roughly chopped
2 chicken breast, sliced along the grain, bite size
½ large white onion, julienned
100ml chicken broth
1 red or green pepper, julienned
3 green onion, finely chopped
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp fish sauce
2tbsp chili paste
1tbsp tamarind water
1tbsp lemon juice
15 toasted cashews
6 dried bird eye chili
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Combine oil and garlic in a Wok or large pan on medium to high heat. Cook until garlic begins to brown.
- Add chicken breast, allow to lightly brown. Then add chicken broth. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until chicken fully whitens/browns.
- Add onion, peppers and green onion. Toss and cook on high heat for 45 seconds.
- Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili paste, lemon juice and tamarind water. Cook for 45 seconds.
- Turn off heat, toss in toasted cashews. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander and dried bird eye chili.
- Serve immediately with jasmine rice.