Thai Throwback: Heavenly BBQ Chicken
Thursday, May 21, 2020
At Bangkok Garden we have many tried and true authentic Thai recipes—local favourites that are staples on our menu. But every now and then, an old star makes an appearance! We’re throwing it back with a Heavenly BBQ Chicken, a flavourful recipe from our cookbook that combines flavourful Thai ingredients—just in time for your next sunny backyard bbq!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lb chicken thighs with skin on (chicken breast of skinless thighs)
- 50 g Coriander root and leaves
- 150 ml of plain water
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of brown or white sugar
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper corn (ground)
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- 30 ml of vegetable oil
- Blend the coriander root, leaves, and water in a blender until it becomes liquid
- In a bowl, put all the ingredients onto the meat. Stir well ensuring everything is covered.
- Marinade at least over 2 hour to overnight to allow the mixture to marinade well.
- Cook at high heat on the bbq grill or broil at high heat until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 F, and is no longer pink in the middle.