From Our Kitchen: Fresh Rolls Recipe
Tuesday, April 21, 2020
Fresh Spring Rolls (Porpia Sot) can be made with chicken or just vegetables for a vegetarian option. This is a healthy spring roll without deep-frying! Fresh bean sprouts, bean curd and tender chicken are wrapped in soft rice paper and served at room temperature –for the perfect, refreshing taste of spring.
Serve with a sweet plum sauce for dipping or our famous Bangkok Garden Peanut Sauce.
15 grams of Iceberg Lettuce (thinly sliced)
10 grams of Green Mango (shredded)
4 Leaves of Fresh Mint (1 sprig)
5 grams of Fresh Coriander (1 sprig)
10 grams of Red Pepper (sliced into thin strips – Julienne)
10 grams of Bean Sprouts (steamed)
10 grams of pan-fried sliced tofu – optional
10 grams of Chicken Breast (steamed) – optional
3 Sheets of Rice Paper (overlapped one another half way across – horizontal)
- In a Medium Bowl of luke-warm water, dip the sheets of rice paper (for approximately 15 – 20 seconds) then remove and rest on a damp clean cloth.
- Place all of the vegetables (in order of the list above) vertically one inch from the bottom of both sides of the rice paper. Then fold the bottom end of the rice paper and wrap it around the vegetables (and chicken, if using).
- Roll up half way then fold both ends to form a “roll” and keep going until the end.
- Cut each roll into 5-6 for bite size.
- Serve with a sweet plum sauce or peanut sauce.