At Bangkok Garden, we’re cracking up for coconuts!
Our new coconut feature menu launches on August 12th. We’ve whipped up coconut-inspired Thai dishes, like Coconut Calamari, Green Coconut curry, and for a sweet treat, Panko Fried Banana with Coconut Cream.
Beyond adding it to our dishes, we’ve come to adore the super wonderous fruit for its health benefits.
• Known as the tree of life to Pacific Island residents, coconuts are often used for their tree medicine qualities and can treat a variety of conditions from asthma to nausea
• Did you know coconuts have healthy short chain and medium fatty acids that help increase energy outflow, thus helping you burn more fat?
• Coconuts are chockfull of vitamins, like Vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous
• Coconut oil also has lauric acid which helps kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It’s antibacterial, and great for cuts, scrapes and cold sores.
• For those who want a tasty treat, but can’t handle cow’s milk, coconut milk is a yummy alternative for milkshakes, ice cream and dessert, without sacrificing sweetness
• Did you know that olive oil can become rancid when heated to high temperatures? Coconut oil is the healthier option for roasting, grilling, and frying when cooking
• Need to get things moving? Coconut is high in dietary fibre, rivalling bran and psyllium.
• For all those dietary restrictions, coconut is gluten-free and contains no trans fats
• For an energy boost, add a spoonful of coconut oil to your berry smoothie, or cup of coffee
• When purchasing, make sure to choose organic, virgin, or unrefined coconut oil as those options will provide the highest quality